Friday, April 2, 2010

Emotions....

I'm sure you've seen enough movies to know that "emotions are what makes us human". But I'm not here to rant about feelings and all that emo shit. Go cry on someone else for that shit. I'm here to talk about controlling your emotions in game (basically not going on tilt). Bad beats happen and it's very frustrating. It happens all the time in poker, people chase that shit till the river and BAM you get 2 out'd or something. People top deck all the time in Magic too (Mike + Vines = Bryan dead). Despite all the "sacking" your opponents do, you gotta keep it cool if you wanna keep your composure.

I don't have very much poker experience so I can't really help that much but from what I do know is that if you get bad beat'd a couple of times, you can easily go on tilt. Start dumping chips into the pot like crazy with some very smart/angry raises and watch your chips dwindle. Sometimes the anger and rage just consumes you (LIKE KRATOS). A lot of people take breaks when they notice there going on tilt while some people keeping playing more and more (and probably lose a lot of money).

You can just as easily go on tilt in magic with some unlucky draws or top decks. Unlucky shit is bound to happen and you just have to cope with it. Some people love to let it out and just start cussing. While others might get physical by throwing shit or slamming the table (Sean and Bryan do this / Bryan did it real bad on Cho after he got owned by a certain trap of a lavaball vareity) along with every other thing imaginable. Doing some of those activities make it worse most of the time and let you go even further down the path to tilt. I'm sure people have different ways of dealing with the rage but I usually just go outside and have a cig to relax like I do with most shit when I get pissed. I'm not saying you should do what I do, but I'm sure you can figure one out that might help. Talking with someone and telling what happens helps. Although hearing someone say "that sux" is not gonna change the fact that you just lost the match (1 in 24 Bryan).

Not everyone loses their cool at the same speeds. Some people, it just takes one little thing and they flip out while others are way more resilient and can take the heat before they get upset. Regardless of what type you are, just remember to keep calm so you can play at your best cause everyone hates losing (I do). So remember, try to keep the rage(against the machine) controlled alright.



Before I go.... I started watching this show called V and I sort of like it. It's a remake of a old tv show from 1983 or something and has potential to be a great show. It's kind of too early for me to judge cause there's only 5 episodes but I recommend it for anyone who's bored. Plus who doesn't like hot alien chicks.

2 comments: