Monday, February 1, 2010

Nerds Unite (MTG Pre-Release Report)

So the 2nd set of Zendikar- WorldWake is upon us and what better to do before release than to go to LAX Radisson for the pre-release event. Luckily we broke up into 2 waves so that we can bring back home more product to draft. My sealed pool was ok and I ended up going with a B/G deck which turned out to be solid. I went 3-1 to bring home a MONSTER 3 packs (lame prize layout). Yea, some of my opponents were kind of bad (a lot of casual players) but I won't lie, most of my wins came from Scute Mob and Omnath. Some notables, Sean brought home 9 with some form of split, Navied 3, Jason G 3, and Bryan brought home ZERO (you fail Bryan).

So after some In-N-Outz, we headed back to go draft. Hard to say so far, but it seems like Black and Red got the best deal out of worldwake which is stupid cause they were already damn strong in Zendikar. Seems like blue got the shaft sort of cause even though they got help, doesn't seem like enough to keep up with the other colors. Format doesn't seem to have slow down at all either. I could be wrong, but this is just my early thoughts. It's just that when you print stuff like THIS at common, I don't feel that things have slowed down.

Full Spoiler here

No comments:

Post a Comment