Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Option A or B ?? (Preference)

I've come to realize these days that most things come down to preference. Yes, there is always a argument for which style of play is better, whether that be offense, defense, decks, play style, comp, etc. But after you are done with the arguing over which one is more efficient or correct or what not, a lot of it comes down to preference.

Take Magic for example, we always lay down scenarios of certain drafting pick decisions, and after your done analyzing what pick it is, cards he's drafted already and what not, you will have people do different things sometimes. Not necessarily because one person is right and one person is wrong, people just have different preferences, in this case probably what color they prefer.

This also fits into the Offense or Defense post I had a short while back. Whether you prefer O or D actually varies a lot for people depending on the game you play. Maybe you play a Druid and like to pillar hug in WoW - Arena while this same person rushes down like crazy with Akuma in Street Fighter.

Not all preference is a response to certain set ups in games or sports. Obviously it's also stuff like what kind of drinks you prefer over others, movies (genres i should say), and on and on, the list can go forever but you get my point. I mean if I had to choose Coke or Pepsi, I probably choose Coke but I drink both all the time. My favorite sports drink is Gatorade (don't say Powerade or Chris hill haunt you) but Vitamin Water is making a strong case thanks to Nash-y Boy. If I ask what everyone's favorite fast food joint is, I know i get like 50% Del Taco (Macho Taco FTW) but McDonalds has all-stars so.....

And last, my favorite superhero is Dwight, I mean superman, uhh..... Shaq?

No comments:

Post a Comment